About the Role:
We define the BrainStation experience from the very beginning. Potential “Creators” from far and wide will be in contact with us on a daily basis, excited to start their journey in business, design and development. We’re here to support them by learning about their experiences and helping them to achieve their goals. If you want to change people’s lives, it’s time to get pumped up!
Who you are:
- Confident in a front of house, customer facing, service oriented role
- Excited and able to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative team environment.
- Someone who challenges yourself to problem solve with creative solutions
- Able to adapt in a fast paced environment, and proficient at self directed work
- Able to complete tasks and assignments within specific deadlines
- Extremely detailed oriented and highly organized
- Committed to making the student experience, customer experience, and event experience at BrainStation a 5 star experience.
- A team player through and through! You have a ‘yes’ attitude, and are willing to follow through and accomplish any required task with enthusiasm and positive energy
What you'll do:
- Customer service and front desk support
- Execute opening and closing duties for facility
- High level of BrainStation product knowledge
- Contribute to maintaining an exceptional student experience, including communication with students through Slack
- Facility Maintenance and Upkeep - building walkthroughs, checklist reporting
- Execute event setup and teardown, and other operational requirements as needed with limited supervision
- Overseeing event execution during community events and workshops
- Oversee catering orders for classes, workshops, space rentals and special events
- Set up/Clean up of all food and beverage + hospitality
- Basic understanding of audio/visual technical management during workshops and special events
- A flare for customer service and a dedication to excellence!
- Previous experience in event execution
- Experience in hospitality or the food and beverage industry (considered an asset)
- An thorough understanding of our product offering and can speak to each of our course offerings with knowledge and understanding
- Experience working in a public facility
- Available Monday to Sunday (a total of 30-40 hours we week)
- Available to be scheduled between 8:00am and 10:00pm
- Open to on call hours/shifts
BONUS POINTS: We of course love to work with alumni and our students, have you considered taking a BrainStation course?
- Never stop learning - all BrainStation full-time members have access to all part-time learning opportunities!
- BrainStation’s campuses are brick and beam heritage buildings, located in the heart of technology and startup communities
- Snacks stocked in the cupboards
- Local beer on tap
- BrainStation swag
- Weekly catered lunches
- Monthly socials
To Apply for this position:
If you are seeking a position in a company which fosters and supports education, personal development, growth, change, responsibility and overall success please submit your resume and cover letter directly to this posting.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.