About the Role:
This is a roll up your sleeves, hands-on type of position that requires a resourceful, creative, high energy team player. Our ideal candidate is someone that understands the world of design, leveraging the confidence of their experience from previous successes.
Based in Toronto, the successful candidate will work as part of the Global Team.
Who you are:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the BrainStation culture and lifestyle with a strong desire to define the future of education
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal crusher)
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
What you’ll do:
- Work with our Product team to develop and design educational materials for our courses, workshops and events
- Develop creative assets for marketing initiatives
- Enhance the UX/UI of our website, dashboard and the BrainStation Learning Environment
- Researching, conceptualizing, wireframing and designing stunning work
- Working with our team collaboratively to build industry leading systems
- Developing various designs for cross-platform applications
- Work alongside the design team at our parent company, Konrad Group
- Minimum 3+ years of experience
- Strong conceptual thinking and design execution in both visual and interaction design
- Interactive experience and intimate knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Solid understanding of designing intuitive wireframes, apps for phones, tablets and sites
- Strong leadership, communication and organization skills and a passion for the digital space
- The ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines, and changing priorities
- Contribute ideas and collaborate with all levels of the team to produce stunning work
- Experience in/around a startup a plus
- Knowledge of the education sector is a bonus
BONUS POINTS: We of course love to work with alumni and our students, have you considered taking a BrainStation course?
- Never stop learning - all BrainStation full-time team members have access to all part-time learning opportunities!
- You will join a portfolio of companies that includes Konrad Group, Quantum Coffee and Techvibes
- Comprehensive health/wellness benefits
- BrainStation’s campuses and offices are brick and beam heritage buildings, located in the heart of technology and startup communities
- Snacks stocked in the cupboards and local beer on tap
- BrainStation campus gear
- Weekly catered lunches and monthly socials
To Apply for this position:
If you are seeking a position in a company which fosters and supports education, personal development, growth, change, responsibility and overall success please submit your resume and cover letter directly to this posting.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.