BrainStation is empowering working professionals, freelancers, and entrepreneurs with the skills needed to succeed digitally. By 2025, BrainStation will have innovation hubs in major cities worldwide and will have educated young minds, powerful politicians, fortune 500 CEOs and the newest wave of disruptive start-up founders through in-person and online training engagements. With locations in New York, Toronto, San Jose and Vancouver, we’re well on our way. As of 2018, BrainStation has trained over 50,000 professionals with a team of over 250 industry expert instructors. We hire the best and brightest to make our vision a reality.
Educator, User Experience Design
Remaining on the cutting edge of design theory and practice can be difficult for those in full time design roles. BrainStation Educators are offered the unique opportunity to apply their knowledge and further develop their skills, while teaching in a dynamic, project-based setting.
Who you are
- You are a lifelong learner, always eager to improve yourself
- You are self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- You have proven ability working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed
- Passionate about education and creating positive learning experiences
What you’ll do
- Build cohorts of strong designers
- A class is not just a collection of students. You will bring together diverse individuals and build a culture of collaborative, hard-working, team of designers.
- You will plan and deliver world-class lectures, with the progress and pace of class in mind.
- Create a safe and collaborative environment where students understand that helping their peers betters their own experience.
- Mentor the next wave of design talent
- Facilitate in-class activities, group discussions, demos, design challenges, and provide constructive feedback for grading student work.
- Inspire students by showing your love for Human Centered Design. Use your passion as a driving force behind your teaching.
- Promote successful behavior by tracking and communicating student progress.
- Pursue excellence in education.
- Use feedback from students to not only improve yourself, but also the education team at large and our pedagogical methodologies.
- Constantly improve your own skills, and apply these skills in collaboration with other BrainStation Educators in order to build the digital platform and tools needed.
- A User Experience Design professional that meets one of the following:
- 2 years of work experience in the vocation and a Bachelor degree from a Canadian university relevant to the subject matter
- 4 years of work experience in the vocation
- 3 years of teaching experience in the vocation and 2 years of work experience in the vocation
- Extremely comfortable with industry standard tools used to design and prototype software solutions, including Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and InVision.
- A deep understanding of design thinking and the frameworks used by organizations to design highly usable software solutions
- You are a strong public speaker and have a wealth of experience mentoring engineers.
- Never stop learning - all BrainStation employees have access to all part-time learning opportunities to continue developing digital skills
- BrainStation’s HQ is a 30,000 sq ft brick and beam heritage building in the heart of King West, right across the street from our flagship campus
- Snacks stocked in the cupboards
- Quantum coffee
- BrainStation swag
- Catered lunches on Fridays from our local favourites
- Local beer on tap for team celebrations
- Monthly socials
- Annual BrainStation retreat (Prince Edward County, Ottawa Valley, Collingwood)
To Apply for this position:
If you are seeking a position in a company which fosters and supports education, personal development, growth, change, responsibility and overall success please submit your resume and cover letter directly to this posting.
*Have you been to a campus or joined an online learning opportunity? We are actively seeking individuals that believe in lifelong learning and that have taken part in our https://brainstation.io/courseshttps://brainstation.io/courses
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.