Join the BrainStation team!
About the Role
Remaining on the cutting edge of design theory and practice can be difficult for those in full time design roles. BrainStation Educators are offered the unique opportunity to apply their knowledge and further develop their skills, while teaching in a dynamic, project-based setting.
Who you are
- A User Experience/Design professional that meets one of the following:
- 2 years of work experience in the vocation and a Bachelor degree from a Canadian university relevant to the subject matter
- 4 years of work experience in the vocation
- 3 years of teaching experience in the vocation and 2 years of work experience in the vocation
- Extremely comfortable with industry standard tools used to design and prototype software solutions, including Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and InVision.
- A deep understanding of design thinking and the frameworks used by organizations to design highly usable software solutions
- Have some experience teaching, mentoring, managing projects and/or leading teams.
- You are a life-long learner, always eager to improve yourself
- An empathetic, inclusive, enthusiastic individual who enjoys helping others and facilitating learning
What you’ll do
- Deliver lectures and mentor the best design students in the world
- Work with the User Experience Immersive teaching team to research and develop the most up to date design skills and processes for our curriculum
- Apply design thinking to the program to continuously improve the educational experience for students
- Facilitate in-class activities, group discussions, demos, design challenges, and provide constructive feedback for grading student work
- Define the educational experience of the future
Why teach at BrainStation?
- You will join a portfolio of companies that includes Konrad Group, Quantum Coffee and Techvibes
- You'll join an innovative and fast paced team, who are always looking for new challenges
- You'll be at the centre of innovation in Canada, working out of our brick and beam space at King and Spadina (complete with coffee shop and patio).
- Have free access to all social and networking events, workshops and part-time courses to further your personal and professional learning in a variety of different sectors and industries including Career Development, Web Development, Product Management, Digital Marketing, SEO/SEM, Visual Design, etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
Bonus Points: have you taken any courses at BrainStation? A lot of our design and development best practices and processes are taught during our courses - make sure to highlight this experience in your cover letter if you have!
If you are seeking a position in a company which fosters and supports education, personal development, growth, change, responsibility and overall success please submit your resume and cover letter directly to this posting.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.