About the Role:
Working most closely with the Community Manager, the Spaces Coordinator is a dynamic role centred around executing first-class events on BrainStation’s campus.
We define the BrainStation experience from the very beginning. Potential “Creators” from far and wide will be in contact with us on a daily basis, excited to start their journey in business, design and development. We’re here to support them by learning about their experiences and helping them to achieve their goals. If you want to change people’s lives, it’s time to get pumped up!
Who you are:
- You actively live and breathe the BrainStation culture and lifestyle
- You’re a Jack/Jill of all trades; from customer service and event planning to operations
- You’re a great host(ess) - outgoing, energetic, and you love making people feel at home
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and you take pride in owning your role and responsibilities
- Your egoless nature plays well in a dynamic team environment
- You thrive under pressure (because you’re always organized, prepared and adaptable)
- You have a solid work ethic and strong attention to detail
- You’re self-aware, you love a challenge, and apply design thinking to solve problems
What you’ll do:
- Under the leadership of the General Manager and your direct manager, you support in all lines of business as required, with a focus on execution of space rental engagements and BrainStation events
- You are the face of our Vancouver campus and are responsible for greeting guests, monitoring reception, answering the phone as well as building, implementing and following operational procedures with the direction of your manager
- You take care of day-to-day operations as directed by your manager while continuously looking for ways to improve processes
- You execute on logistics involved in BrainStation’s community initiatives (events & experiences), and space rental engagements
- You work with the BrainStation team to build brand awareness and support the growth of the campus
- You maintain a safe environment and build a strong culture of inclusiveness, energy, collaboration and innovation for BrainStation’s community
- Startup or fast-paced hospitality or customer service experience is an asset
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related subject an asset
- Proven ability in leadership, as well as working independently, under pressure and within strict deadlines
- This position may require physical exertion - you must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
BONUS POINTS: We of course love to work with alumni and our students, have you considered taking a BrainStation course?
- Always be learning - gain access to our part-time courses evening courses and workshops
- Our campus is in the heart of downtown Vancouver and easily accessible via transit
- Unlimited coffee, tea and treats
- Weekly team lunches and monthly community socials
To Apply for this position:
If you are seeking a position in a company which fosters and supports education, personal development, growth, change, responsibility and overall success please submit your resume and cover letter directly to this posting.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.