BrainStation is a global leader in digital skills training and development, offering a 12-week Diploma program in Data Science. BrainStation is currently seeking a Data Science professional to lead the delivery of our program through online and in-person teaching. BrainStation Educators have the unique opportunity to teach, research, and work on real analysis problems, while simultaneously building the future of higher education.
- Contribute to BrainStation’s Data Science Diploma program that will positively impact the lives and careers of hundreds of individuals across our campuses
- Deliver lectures and mentor the next wave of Data Science talent
- Facilitate in-class activities, group discussions, demos and provide constructive feedback for evaluating student work
- Actively research cutting-edge technologies and emerging industry practices to contribute content to our iterative curriculum
- Apply BrainStation’s “Agile Education” methodologies to the program to continuously improve the educational experience for students
- Constantly improve your own skills, and apply these skills in collaboration with other BrainStation Educators in order to build the digital platform and tools needed to effectively deliver educational material
- Define the education experience of the future
Successful candidates will have
- 5+ years experience as a Data Scientist or Analytics professional and a Bachelor’s degree relevant to the subject matter
- Strong command of querying and programming languages (SQL, R and python - numpy, pandas, sklearn, TensorFlow & Keras), and visualization tools (Excel, Tableau, matplotlib/seaborn/plotly in python packages
- Experience applying various methods of numerical and categorical modelling techniques and supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods (OLS regression and GLMs, logistic regression, KNN, SVM, decision trees/random forest, clustering and cluster analysis, dimensionality reduction, neural networks)
- Hands-on development experience working with version control systems (we use Git) and Big Data and Cloud platforms (Hadoop, Spark, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud (GCP)) a strong asset regression and machine learning principles
- Practical experience designing and applying data science processes to conduct experiments using a variety of tools and methods, and can speak to their complexities in a simple and logical manner
- Experience in a teaching role, and are comfortable speaking to large groups and mentoring others on the job
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience building and leading teams
- An empathetic, friendly, and approachable demeanour
- A passion for education and creating a positive learning experiences for others
BrainStation is a global leader in digital skills training and development, with courses, workshops, events, and corporate training offered online and in state-of-the-art campuses in New York, Toronto, Chicago, Vancouver, and Boston. Founded in 2012, BrainStation has worked with over 350 instructors from the most innovative companies, developing cutting-edge, real-world digital training for more than 70,000 professionals and some of the largest corporations in the world. By 2025, BrainStation will have innovation hubs around the world, and will be empowering young minds, powerful politicians, fortune 500 CEOs, and the newest wave of disruptive innovators, on campuses and online.
Bonus: Have you been to a campus or joined an online learning opportunity? We are actively seeking individuals that believe in lifelong learning and that have taken part in our On Campus or Online offerings.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.