Content Marketing Specialist
As the Content Marketing Specialist, you will play a key role in BrainStation’s Marketing department, which works to generate traffic and qualified leads, and increase visibility for the brand's programs, courses, workshops, and events. Working with other members of the Content and Community teams, you will help create marketing and social assets to drive leads, and increase brand awareness and engagement from alumni, current, and prospective students.
- Writing engaging copy for BrainStation’s website and social media channels that matches and elevates evolving brand guidelines.
- Developing story ideas for the BrainStation blog and for media outreach.
- Writing authoritative, well-researched blog posts for the BrainStation blog.
- Identifying and engaging with influencers, experts, and journalists.
- Interviewing industry leaders, instructors, alumni, and more to create engaging profiles and features.
- Helping to manage editorial calendars and story development.
- Pitching story ideas to media outlets and reporters.
- Posting BrainStation content on Reddit, Hacker News, BizSugar, and more.
- Constantly searching for new distribution avenues and marketing opportunities to increase traffic and brand awareness.
- Monitoring and engaging in relevant social discussions about BrainStation
- Reaching out to third-party sources for backlinks and guest post opportunities
- Identifying new channels and distribution to increase engagement and the size of our audience.
- Occasionally participating in marketing events such as fairs, activations, etc.
The successful candidate will have
- Two to three years of content marketing or journalism experience, preferably in a B2C environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of WordPress and analytics tools.
- Attention to detail, ensuring copy and blog content is consistent and aligned with the brand.
- An understanding of content development and analytics.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently.
- Photography, editing, and writing skills an asset.
- A love of learning.
- A proven work ethic and desire to excel and succeed.
- A desire for constant self-improvement.
- A passion for improving education and a knowledge of the subjects taught within BrainStation.
Benefits and perks
- Never stop learning — all BrainStation employees have access to part-time learning opportunities to continue developing digital skills.
- BrainStation’s HQ is a 30,000 square-foot brick and beam heritage building in the heart of King West, right across the street from our flagship campus.
- Quantum coffee.
- BrainStation swag.
- Catered lunches on Fridays, with snacks stocked in the cupboards, and local beer on tap for team celebrations.
- Monthly socials.
- Annual BrainStation retreat (Prince Edward County, Ottawa Valley, Collingwood).
BrainStation is a global leader in digital skills training and development, with courses, workshops, events, and corporate training offered online and in state-of-the-art campuses in New York, Toronto, Chicago, Vancouver, and Boston. Founded in 2012, BrainStation has worked with over 350 instructors from the most innovative companies, developing cutting-edge, real-world digital training for more than 70,000 professionals and some of the largest corporations in the world. By 2025, BrainStation will have innovation hubs around the world, and will be empowering young minds, powerful politicians, Fortune 500 CEOs, and the newest wave of disruptive innovators, on campuses and online.
*Have you been to a campus or joined an online learning opportunity? We are actively seeking individuals that believe in lifelong learning and that have taken part in our On Campus or Online offerings.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.