Director, Online Learning
As the Director of Online Learning, you will lead our Learning Product department and oversee the design and development of our learning content across all three delivery modalities; in person, 'Online Live' (Virtual Instructor-led) as well as 'BrainStation Online' (online self-paced video platform). Working alongside the Senior Leadership team, your role will be to define the future of digital skills training and workforce transformation to keep BrainStation at the forefront of learning and innovation. You will be the primary driver of BrainStation's product vision and must be customer focused, digitally-savvy, and design-minded.
- Collaborating with our Digital Products team to continue driving our proprietary learning management system (LMS), Synapse, as well as the integration of the multi-media learning content in BrainStation Online
- Managing the relationship with our production company and ensuring that we execute flawlessly on the launch of 'BrainStation Online' (self-paced, video based learning platform) in early 2020
- Working alongside our Learning Experience team to integrate our learning products into the physical experiences of our learners in our beautiful campuses in cities such as New York, Toronto and Vancouver
- Development of BrainStation’s learning content and educational systems; defining learning objectives, outcomes, lectures and lessons, activities, projects and assessment tools
- Unifying external content creators and elite Subject Matter Experts (300+) to contribute and maintain our hyper-relevant, industry designed content
- Maintenance and evolution of core learning assets; slides, videos, collateral, quizzes, projects
- Building new learning products using BrainStation’s 'agile learning' product development process and launch strategy
- Connecting a group of Industry Leading SMEs to help oversee our Global Program Advisory Committee
- Operate with BrainStation's mission and values at the forefront of your decisions
- Manage our asset library by auditing, updating, retiring content, and updating the channel of distribution owners
- Create engaging and applicable learning materials to scale globally in multiple formats
- Provide thought leadership and lead to overall instructional design and eLearning projects
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of learner-centered design, performance-based instructional theories and learning principles applicable to adults in multi-modal instruction
Successful candidates will have
- 10+ years of experience
- Deep understanding of pedagogy and educational systems for adult learners
- Background in digital product management of some sort, and therefore understanding of subject matter
- Startup experience and/or growing a team in a fast paced environment
- Masters/PhD in Education or similar
- Ability to use data to provide insight for; pricing, product launches, product placement, product marketing/positioning
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Culture of Learning & Development
- Fully-Stocked Kitchens & Lounges
- RRSP Matching
- Monthly Socials & Team Outings
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and development, with courses, workshops, events, and corporate training offered online and in state-of-the-art campuses in cities such as New York, Chicago, Boston, Toronto, and Vancouver. Founded in 2012, BrainStation has worked with over 350 Subject Matter Experts from the most innovative companies, developing cutting-edge, real-world digital training for more than 70,000 professionals and some of the largest corporations in the world. By 2025, BrainStation will have innovation hubs around the world, and will be empowering young minds, powerful politicians, fortune 500 CEOs, and the newest wave of disruptive innovators, on campuses and online.
Bonus: Have you been to a campus or joined an online learning opportunity? We are actively seeking individuals that believe in lifelong learning and that have taken part in our On Campus or Online offerings.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.