Join the BrainStation team!
About the Role
In today's fast moving technology industry, it can be difficult to keep your skills up to date while being a full time developer. BrainStation Educators are offered the unique opportunity to teach, research, and develop applications, making themselves the most well-rounded and informed developers in the market.
Who You Are
- You are extremely comfortable not only working with Bootstrap, Mongo/PostGres, AngularJS and NodeJS, but also speaking to their complexities
- You get excited to take on new challenges and are always looking to challenge yourself with new skills
- You feel comfortable in a teaching role, and have experience speaking to large groups and mentoring others
- You are an egoless leader that's open to action-oriented feedback
- You are self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- You have proven ability in leadership within teams, working under pressure and meeting deadlines
What You'll Do
- Work with the Konrad Group Development Team to develop the BrainStation website, BrainStation Learning Environment, BrainStation Portal and other technical related responsibilities.
- Actively work on writing and researching new content to teach the most up to date skills in web development to our students.
- Continuously challenge yourself to develop new ways to think about and discuss the material you're creating in order to better teach your students.
- Constantly improve your own skill base, and apply these skills in collaboration with other BrainStation Educators in order to build the digital platform and tools needed to effectively deliver educational material
- Define the educational experience of the future
Why teach at BrainStation?
- You will join a portfolio of companies that includes Konrad Group, Quantum Coffee, Techvibes
- You'll join an innovative and fast paced team, who are always looking for new challenges
- You'll be at the centre of innovation in Canada, working out of our brick and beam space at King and Spadina
- Unlimited tea, coffee, and snacks!
- Weekly catered lunches
- Monthly socials
- Access to all events, workshops and part-time courses
Bonus Points: have you taken any courses at BrainStation? A lot of our design and development best practices and processes are taught during our courses - make sure to highlight this experience in your cover letter if you have!
If you are seeking a position in a company which fosters and supports education, personal development, growth, change, responsibility and overall success please submit your resume and cover letter directly to this posting.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.