About the Role
BrainStation is looking for a highly-motivated, detail-oriented Compliance Manager to assist in managing processes and documentation around regulatory compliance in all markets, including online education and training. As some BrainStation educational offerings are regulated in some jurisdictions, BrainStation must follow applicable guidelines relating to admissions, business practices, campus operations and record-keeping. The Compliance Manager will report to General Counsel and the CEO and play a key role in this important function.
The Compliance Manager would communicate with our product, and admissions teams to support and maintain compliance globally. An ideal Compliance Manager will be incredibly detailed-oriented with a strong interest in law, technology, education and life-long learning.
Who you are:
- Undergraduate degree or other relevant post-secondary school education, training or experience (such as law clerk, corporate compliance role)
- Ability to clearly articulate compliance requirements to a non-compliance audience
- Superior attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
- High level of personal integrity, interest and experience in law, education, technology and innovation
- Ability to multi-task while meeting strict timelines, outstanding time management
- Strong analytical skills and common sense are essential
- Highly motivated with capability to work with minimum supervision on a wide range of matters
- Strong verbal and written skills, including the ability to be clear and concise
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to deal confidently with a variety of audiences including internal teams, executives and management, and external parties including regulatory officials
- Strong research skills
- Specific experience in compliance is not necessary provided candidate possesses superior skills in the noted areas
What you’ll do:
- Maintain scheduled communications around compliance matters, requirements, and processes with sales, admissions, curriculum, content and campus teams globally.
- Build efficient and manageable technology-based operational processes to support compliance and record-keeping
- Understand, organize and maintain documents and records in electronic filing systems
- Assist with legal and compliance projects, internal and external information requests, communicating with outside regulatory agencies, working closely with BrainStation General Counsel
- Assist in development and delivery of in-person and on-line training to applicable teams to advance compliance awareness and support actual compliance
- Assist in ongoing audit, enhancement and innovation of compliance and record-keeping systems and processes
- Research and update internal knowledge base of regulatory requirements in various jurisdictions globally
- Duties may include occasional travel
- Never stop learning - all BrainStation full-time members have access to all part-time learning opportunities!
- BrainStation’s campuses are brick and beam heritage buildings, located in the heart of technology and startup communities
- Snacks stocked in the cupboards
- Local beer on tap
- BrainStation swag
- Weekly catered lunches
- Monthly socials
To Apply for this position:
If you are seeking a position in a company and community which fosters and supports education, personal development, growth, change, responsibility and overall success please submit your resume and cover letter directly to this posting.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.