Digital Marketing Specialist
As the Digital Marketing Specialist, you will play a key role in BrainStation’s Marketing department, which works to generate traffic and qualified leads, and increase visibility for the brand's programs, courses, workshops, and events. Working with other members of the Content and Community teams, you will help distribute marketing and social assets and campaigns to drive leads, and increase engagement from alumni, current, and prospective students.
- Managing day-to-day activities related to BrainStation social media profiles, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo, and more.
- Posting BrainStation content on Reddit, Hacknernews, BizSugar, and more.
- Constantly searching for new distribution avenues and marketing opportunities to increase traffic and brand awareness.
- Working with Content and Community teams to develop content and strategies specific to each social media platform and campus.
- Monitoring and engaging in relevant social discussions about BrainStation, its campuses’ cities, and digital skills training as a whole.
- Developing and implementing regular social promotions and campaigns (e.g. Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.)
- Promoting BrainStation events with assets created by Content team.
- Live streaming and reporting from BrainStation events.
- Developing weekly/monthly/quarterly KPIs and reporting on the effectiveness of social media strategies.
- Staying up-to-date with social media best practices, technologies, and trends.
- Identifying new channels and distribution to increase engagement and the size of our audience.
- Creating and managing a social content calendar that supports and complements the overall content and marketing calendar.
- Writing consistent copy across all channels to suit evolving brand guidelines.
- Identifying and engaging with influencers, experts, and journalists.
- Assisting in the planning, execution, and recording of panel discussions, Demo Days, career fairs, etc.
- Occasionally participating in marketing events such as fairs, activations, etc.
The successful candidate will have
- Two to three years of growth hacking or social media management experience, preferably in a B2C environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of social media automation (e.g. Hootsuite) and analytics tools.
- Attention to detail, ensuring social media campaigns and content are consistent and aligned with the brand.
- An understanding of content development and analytics.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently.
- Photography, editing, and writing skills an asset.
- A love of learning.
- A proven work ethic and desire to excel and succeed.
- A desire for constant self-improvement.
- A passion for improving education and knowledge of the subjects taught within BrainStation.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Culture of Learning & Development
- Fully-Stocked Kitchens & Lounges
- New Shiny Device Upgrades
- Monthly Socials & Team Outings
BrainStation is a global leader in digital skills training and development, with courses, workshops, events, and corporate training offered online and in state-of-the-art campuses in New York, Toronto, and Vancouver. Founded in 2012, BrainStation has worked with over 250 instructors from the most innovative companies, developing cutting-edge, real-world digital training for more than 50,000 professionals and some of the largest corporations in the world. By 2025, BrainStation will have innovation hubs around the world, and will be empowering young minds, powerful politicians, fortune 500 CEOs, and the newest wave of disruptive innovators, on campuses and online.
Bonus: Have you been to a campus or joined an online learning opportunity? We are actively seeking individuals that believe in lifelong learning and that have taken part in our On Campus or Online offerings.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.